- On Thursdays, wear a university shirt
- On Fridays, I wear a Donna ISD spirit shirt
- Wear GOLD for Childhood Cancer Awareness any day during the month of September.
- Wear TEAL or Royal Blue for Suicide Prevention Month any day during the month of September.
VISION & MISSION
Statements of Belief
At Salazar Elementary, we are dedicated in “Recognizing the Leader in Students and Staff”
Salazar Elementary is committed to achieving and maintaining the following:
- A clear and shared focus on student learning.
- High academic, social standards and expectations for our learning community.
- Effective school leadership, which fosters mutual respect and trust.
- High levels of collaboration and communication within our learning community.
- Aligned curriculum, instruction, and assessment, with District and State Standards.
- Continual monitoring of teaching and learning methods, with adjustments to meet the individual needs of our learning community.
- Focused professional development that is reflective of Salazar Elementary, Donna ISD, and State goals.
- A learning environment where people feel safe, supported, and respect is evident; a facility that is conducive to learning.
- High levels of community/family involvement, working to improve students’ academic and personal growth.
- A learning environment that honors different learning and teaching styles, confronts bias and stereotypes and prejudice attitudes, and displays respect for diversity.
“Building Tomorrow’s Leaders”